Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Microsoft Annoyance #1

So I'm creating an image. I go through and install Office 2003. Like any good Microsoft product user, I then go to the downloads page on Microsoft's site to obtain the latest patches and fixes for Office. Of course I'm immediately hit with the prompt to download Microsoft's Genuine Advantage bullshit Active X control, which I try to do. It is then I am hit with a message from Windows stating, "The Active X control you attempted to download is from an unverified site. This control has been blocked." Or something to that effect. It's their stinking site! They can't verify their own damn site? How stupid are these people?

The fix to this issue is to go into Internet Options, under the Security Tab, and allow Internet Explorer to download unsigned Active X controls.

No comments: